Entering Students Day 2013 ...Learn more ...
© Copyright 1887 - 2013. All Rights Reserved
Florida A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access University
Tallahassee, FL 32307 | (850) 599-3000
2014-2015 Frederick W. And Grace P. Brecht Scholarship
Application Deadline: June 16, 2014
The late Frederick W. Brecht of Melbourne lived the last 40 years of his life in Brevard County. His love for people prompted him to establish the Frederick W. And Grace P. Brecht Scholarship. This scholarship will pay up to $1,500 per year to Brevard County residents attending and community college or university in the state of Florida.
Criteria for Selection:
· Home and place of Residence must be in Brevard County, Florida or must have graduated from a Brevard County high school
· Accepted for admission to a community college, state college or University in the state of Florida
· Enrolled as a full-time, degree seeking student in an undergraduate, graduate or professional program
· Demonstrate financial need as determined by the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
· Have a minimum 2.0 GPA
· Good moral character and habits
For more information and to complete the application please visit: http://www.sfa.ufl.edu/isis/1415Brecht.pdf.
The Law School Admissions Council Diversity Committee Writing Competition
Application Deadline: May 1, 2014
Law School Admission Council (LSAC) is committed to fostering diversity
in law schools and the legal profession. As a part of its commitment to
diversity, The LSAC Diversity Committee announces a writing competition
on the Best Practices for Recruitment and Retention of Students of
Color and Students from Other Underrepresented Groups n Law Schools.
ELIGIBILITY: A $5000 award will be awarded to one candidate from the following categories: 1L, 2L, and 3L. Students must be current JD candidates who are in good standing.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
Essays will be judged according to:
• Research and use of relevant sources and authorities (cases, law review articles; other secondary sources, including, but not limited to, books, newspapers, and magazines; and empirical and sociological studies)
• Quality and clarity of legal analysis, persuasion, and writing
• Understanding, interpretations and conclusions regarding diversity and the implications of diversity in this context
• Full compliance with all competition procedures
ENTRY PROCEDURES :
Include a cover page with your submission. The cover should only contain the
author's name, title of the paper, mailing address, law school affiliation, law school status (lL, 2L, 3L) a telephone number where the author may easily be reached, and an email address.
To allow anonymous valuations, please do not put your name on the actual paper. The title on the paper must precisely match the title on the cover page that contains the identifying information described above.
Upload entries at DiversityOffice@LSAC.org. Only electronic files (PDF or Word) will be accepted
All papers must be uploaded no later than 5:00 PM EST on Thursday, May 1, 2014. No extensions will be granted. Papers submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for an award. All submissions become the property of LSAC.
For more information please visit: http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/diversity-writing-competition.pdf?sfvrsn=2
American Association for Justice Women for Justice Education Fund's Mike Eidson Scholarship
Application Deadline: May 1, 2014
The Mike Eidson Scholarship Fund was established by the AAJ Women Trial Lawyers Caucus in 2008, in honor of AAJ Past President Mike Eidson, whose vision and generosity inspired it. The Scholarship, traditionally given in the amount of $5,000, is awarded annually to a rising 3L (or rising 4L in a night program) female student who has demonstrated a commitment to a career as a plaintiffs’ lawyer or criminal defense lawyer, along with dedication to upholding and defending the principles of the Constitution, and to the concept of a fair trial, the adversary system, and a just result for the injured, the accused, and those whose rights are jeopardized.
Please see application for additional information.
Completed applications can be sent by mail at: AAJ Education, 777 6th Street, NW,
Suite 200, Washington, DC 20001, or by email at: email@example.com by May